Saturday, June 14, 2008

Thing #17

I went to Rollyo and created an account. You do not have to register to use the site, but I created a login. I made my own search engine that focused on language arts lessons. Here is a link to the search engine (I searched for "grammar"). It was really easy. I chose a name for the engine and decided which sites it would search through to find my results. This way I only search through my approved sites and filter out a lot of garbage and advertisements. This would be great for a web-hunt for my students. I could give them a list of questions they need to answer or fact hunt and have them use MY search engine to look at pre-approved sites. This would cut down on time they spent searching pointless sources and eliminate the risk of them ending up on racy sites. This will make an excellent resource for my classroom.

No comments: