Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Thing #7

I found the Google Calendar tool extremely user-friendly and convenient. I love it! It would be a great way to map out each 6 weeks and have it public online for parents and students to see. I made a personal calendar with important dates for the summer like professional development dates, staff development times, and summer camp information.
I checked out Google Earth and thought that it was fascinating! I found my school, house, etc. It was neat to see the images from the satellite. Using it in the classroom can help students see/visualize areas of the world that we are studying and have them at their fingertips in seconds! I think that it would draw the students in and make learning more meaningful to them because they can see what they are learning about.
Google has some amazing tools that can bring learning to life and help me stay organized. I had no idea that there was so much more to Google than a search engine. Bravo Library2Play! Thanks for the heads up.

No comments: