Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Thing #19



My first Web award goes to a little site called Docstoc. I love Love LOVE Docstoc. I found it on the Web 2.0 Awards page filed under education. It's a site that allows you to share professional documents. I searched for "language arts" and came up with oodles of information. There was a cool language arts and math jeopardy game, a PowerPoint presentation on idioms, and all kinds of other useful tools. It would be a great site to post and share my creations for the classroom as well as pick up others' contributions.

Aside from teaching language arts, I teach health fitness. I decided to check out some sites filed under the health category and found PEERtrainer. It's a FREE site that offers small group support for weight loss. You can count calories online and log the meals you ate throughout the day. There is help for workout program design and healthy goals. I just thought that this was a cool site that does what sites like Weight Watchers and Jenny Craig pay for you to access. I was thinking that this could be a great site to help students set personal health goals and become aware of the foods (healthy and unhealthy) that they are consuming.

No comments: